The shunts are designed & manufactured to comply with the requirements of IS1248 / DIN43703 & DIN43780. The shunt provides an accurate d .c. millivolt signal, exactly proportional to the measuring current.
- Rating 1A to 15000A
- Riveted and soldered construction
- In-line bus bar mounting
- Very low temperature coefficient
- High overload withstand
- Shock and vibration tested
- Long term stability
Electrical Specifications :
- Type :Ranges ↓
1) Insulated mounting : 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30Amp.
2) “I” Section : 30, 40, 50, 60, 75, 80, 100, 120, 150Amp.
3) “L” Section :200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 750, 800, 1000,1200, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000Amp.
4) “T” Section : 4000, 5000, 6000, 7500, 8000, 10000, 12000, 15000Amp.
- Accuracy : ± 0.5%
- Continuous Over Load : 120 % of rated current.
- Temp. Coefficient : 0.002% per °C.
- Ambient Temp. : Calibration at 23°C.
- Operating Temp. : -10°C to 55°C
- Storage Temp. : -20°C to 70°C
- Maximum Load : The load should not exceed 0.1 % of the nominal current rating for specified accuracy.
- Millivolt : 50mV, 60mV, 75mV, 100mV, 150mV, 300mV (standard) Other mV drop on request.
Note : Two cables of 1 metre length with 1.5mm cross sectional area are provided. This corresponds to a total resistance of 0.026 ohms. The instruments are calibrated with this resistance and consequently the cable length must not be changed. If different length or resistances are required, please indicate while ordering.
The best performance is guaranteed if the following points are observed.
1) Shunts may be mounted horizontally or vertically. Horizontal mounting gives the best heat dissipation.
2) Utilize the full end block surface area. 3) Ample ventilation should be p rovided. 4) Busbar should be adequately rated, cleaned & coated with a thin layer of silicon grease between the contact surfaces.
5) Bolts and nuts must be carefully tightened.
Caution :Shunts are not insulated & protection against accidental contact may be necessary in order to comply with Health & Safety regulations.
Ordering Information :
1) Current rating 2) Millivolt 3) Length of the cable
Note:1) Dimensions A, E, H are the same for 50mV shunt & 60mV shunt. 2) Unless specified, tolerance for mounting dimensions (Dim ‘E”) shall be ±1 .5mm upto 1500A rating & ±2.0mm for the ratings above 1500A. 3) Maximum value of ‘H’ is specified, Minimum value is equal to corresponding value of ‘Ct. 4)* Dimension 20 & 60mm is for 60/75mV and 25 & 70mm respectively for 100-300mV. 5) The power consumption of measuring instruments should not exceed 500microwatts for interchangeable shunts.(All dimensions are in mm )