Direct measurement of Current in high voltage system is not possible because of insulation problem of measuring instruments. It is also not possible to use current flowing through the system directly for protection purpose due to its high value and high insulation problem. In such conditions Current Transformers are used.
Basic Functionalities Of Current Transformer :
- To reduce the line current to a value which is suitable for standard measuring instruments, relays etc.
- To isolate the Measuring Instruments, Meters, Relays etc. from high voltage side of an installation.
- To protect Measuring Instruments against short circuit currents.
- To sense abnormalities in current & give current signals to protective relays to isolate the defective system.
The transformers are vacuum encapsulated in epoxy resin, which ensures faultless insulation. Incombustible high-class raw material, together with uniform cast resin bodies, gives the current transformers a high mechanical & electrical strength that requires no maintenance. It is advisable to protect the transformers from direct sunlight & access to dust.
Electrical Specifications :
- TYPE : Wound & Ring type
- OPERATING VOLTAGE :1.1kV, 2.2kV, 3.3kV, 6.6kV, 11kV, 22kV, 33kV.
- SECONDARY CURRENT :5A & 1A (Others on Request)
- SHORT TIME THERMAL CURRENT & IT’S DURATION : Upto 40kA for 1 second (Others on Request)
- RATED BURDEN :5,10,15,20, and 30VA (Others on Request)
- FREQUENCY : 50Hz.
- OPERATING TEMP :-10°C to 40°C.
- CONFORMS TO : I.E.C. 185, I.E.C. 44-1, IS 2705.
Mechanical Construction :
Fig No.-Wound Type
Fig No.-Ring Type
Ordering Information :
While ordering mention all the Electrical Specification required.