Direct measurement of Voltage in high voltage system is not possible because of insulation problem of measuring instruments. It is also not possible to use voltage flowing through the system directly for protection purpose due to its high value and high insulation problem. In such conditions Voltage Transformers are used.
Basic Functions Of Voltage Transformer are :
- To reduce the line voltage to a value which is suitable for standard measuring instruments, relays etc.
- To isolate the Measuring Instruments, Meters, Relays etc. from high voltage side of an installation.
- To sense abnormalities in voltage & give voltage signals to protective relays to isolate the defective system.
The transformers are vacuum encapsulated in epoxy resin, which ensures faultless insulation. Incombustible high-class raw material, together with uniform cast resin bodies, gives the voltage transformers a high mechanical & electrical strength that requires no maintenance. It is advisable to protect the transformers from direct sunlight & access to dust.
Electrical Specifications :
- TYPE : Single Pole Insulated & Double Pole Insulated.
- OPERATING VOLTAGE :Single Pole Insulated 1.1kV, 2.2kV, 3.3kV, 6.6kV, 11kV, 22kV, 33kV.
- Double Pole Insulated : 1.1kV, 2.2kV, 3.3kV, 6.6kV, 11kV.
- SECONDARY VOLTAGE :110V, 110 1√3,110V / 3 (others on request).
- RATED BURDEN :50VA, 100VA, 150VA, 200VA (others on request).
- ACCURACY CLASS :0.2, 0.5, 1.0, 3.0, 3P, 6P.
- FREQUENCY :50Hz.
- OPERATING TEMP.-10° C to 40° C.
- SYSTEM CONDITION :Earthed, Unearthed.
Mechanical Construction :
Ordering information :
While ordering mention all the Electrical specification required.